On the side, you will find our double diaphragm pump program in the form of pdf files you can download.
The following section shall provide a short overview of our diaphragm pumps (i.e. double diaphragm pumps and pneumatic diaphragm pumps) and will list examples of properties and advantages of our diaphragm pumps. Not all of the mentioned properties apply to every pump but the specific properties of each pump can be obtained from the pdf data sheets to the right.
Our double diaphragm pumps are apt for the following media:
Acids, bases, stain, solvents, turpentine, paint, laquer, varnish, resin, salts, glue, electrolytic baths, sludge, media for filter presses, gasoline, oils, chemicals, media with solid content, media with high viscosity, toxic media, pigment dye, ceramics, slurry, etc.
- delivery pressure: max. 8 bar
- delivery capacity: max. ca. 400 l/min
- drive: pneumatic
- operating pressure: 0,5 - 8 bar
- drive medium: compressed air, filtered – either oiled or not
- suction lift, dry: max. approx. 4 m
- weight: 0,7 kg to 38 kg
- Viscosity of medium to be delivered: up to approx. 15.000 mPas
- maximum temperature of medium: +65°C in Ex-area. Higher temperatures on request.
- noise level: approx. 68 dBA
- strokes: max. 8 double strokes/sek.
Advantages and characteristics of our pumps
Our pumps can, depending on built and model, offer the following advantages and characteristics:
- process stability
- easy interchanging of diaphragms
- chemically resistant diaphragm (long lifespan)
- diaphragm cip-able
- easy to flush
- small, compact build
- applicable with paint, laques, acids and bases etc.
- will always start due to skip valve
- wearless pneumatic ceramic valve, process reliable
- low on maintenance
- suction and compressed air connection adjustable about 90°r
- parts touching medium made of stainless steel or plastics
- very high chemical resistance
- universally applicable
- oil-free operation
- dry-run safe
- long lifespan
- according to ATEX CE Ex II 2G/D IIB TX
- no icing
- little pulsation,
- mounting position free to choose
- chemically resistant diaphgram with long lifespan at pressure of up to 20 bar
The various parts of Timmer diaphragm pumps consist of different matials, the following being most common:
- diaphragm: PTFE / NBR as composite, PTFE, TIM-Flex-compact-diaphragm, cip-able
- housing lid: PPS Polyphenylensulfide + carbon fibers, stainless steel AISI 316, plastics POM
- valve pipes: stainless steel 1.4408 (AISI316), PPS Polyphenylensulfide + carbon fiber
- center block: aluminum die casting
- valve seat: stainless steel 1.4401 (AISI316), plastics POM
- valve ball: stainless steel 1.4401 (AISI316), PTFE, PP or PPS
- control valve: ceramics
- seals of the valves for media: NBR, FKM, FEPM, EPDM, Kalrez
We also offer the required pneumatic diaphragm pumps accessories like connection fittings, pneumatic accessories, volume metering and much, much more.
A pneumatic double-diaphragm pump has two membranes (A and B) which are connected via a piston rod. Every diaphragm separates an air chamber from a chamber that contains the medium. If pressure is applied to the air chamber, diaphragm A is pushed into the medium chamber the medium is pushed out of the pump. After such a stroke, compressed air is distributed into air chamber of the opposite diaphragm B via respective valve operation so it now works as the operating diaphragm.
Simultaneously, diaphragm A generates negative pressure in the medium chamber, so the medium to supply is being sucked in. The geometric appearance and technical-chemical properties of the diaphragms are crucial for the characteristics of the double diaphragm pump.